Wednesday, December 16, 2009

first look timeeeee

This whole "first look" idea isn't something I've ever completely understood. I didn't think it was super important to not see B all day, but he did. Then suddenly, we had to look at each other and probably get all teary with people watching?! Weeeeeird. Really, the whole reason we did it was so we could make sure to get some fancy drinks and eat snacks and give hugs during cocktail hour, instead of posing for pictures.

I have to admit that the first look wasn't a huge emotional moment for me, but it was a cute little kick-off for the real wedding feeling of the day.

When it was time for us to do our thing, B sat on a bench while I got set up in a cozy corner.



We decided that I would wait with my back turned while he walked toward me, because I would probably trip or get my dress tangled in the camera equipment or something.



I spent our time together laughing, of course, and admiring the fancy suit that B was wearing. I had never seen him in a fancy suit before!




And maaaaaybe we had one little quiet, heads down, teary moment. But it was short, and giddiness once again took over.




Did you plan on having a "first look" before the ceremony, or did you simply wait until you walked down the aisle? Was having that first look moment important to you?


All photos in this post: Hazelnut Photography

1 comment: